New Pilot Boat St Edmund has just come into the marina for a quick lift to check her props etc, the Coxon reported a knocking noise at the back of the boat. Another example of the quick turnarounds our yard staff can achieve when needed, well done Andy and Craig!
Welcome to Shotley Marina
Shotley Marina is ideally located at the confluence of the Rivers Orwell and Stour. Its location is second to none, providing almost instant access to the Rivers Stour, Orwell and to the open sea. It’s your choice to potter the beautiful Suffolk Rivers, the broads or to venture over the water to the continent.
The East Coast’s Premier Marina is a bold claim to make, and one we feel fully justified in making, considering our location and the outstanding facilities we offer:
- 350 fully serviced modern berths all with Electricity and Water
- 24 hours access – all states of the tide
- Our experienced harbour/lock masters are available 24/7 to provide security, help when mooring, local sailing and weather advice.
- Diesel, Calor and Camping Gaz available from the lock tower 24/7
- Two modern ablution blocks providing showers, baths and facilities for the disabled
- Free Wi-Fi available on site
- Shotley Marine Services – Able to move up to 40 tons and provide full Engineering, GRP and Shipwright services.
- Shipwreck Pub and Restaurant – a popular haunt for both yachtsmen and land based visitors alike. Good food and fine wines and beers can be enjoyed whilst enjoying its unrivalled location adjacent to the marina lock and looking onto both the Orwell and Stour rivers
- Launderette with washing machines, driers and ironing facilities
- Chandlery providing books, charts, boat fittings, marine wear and a general range of provisions.
- Britannia Sea School providing Land (Marina based class rooms), Sea based RYA courses and Yachts to Charter.
- State of the art Inogen Leading Light to guide you into the Marina
Berthing Offer 2014.
Come and try us you will not be disappointed!
If you would like to come to Shotley Marina before your current berthing contract runs out then you can come and stay with us now for free, even if your current contract does not finish until the end of March 2014. We would then only invoice you from the 1st April until the 31st December 2014. Berthing at Shotley means you can also stay at our sister marina Burnham Yacht Harbour for up to 30 days for free! For further information give us call on 01473 788982 or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Morning all and welcome to Thursday’s Ships Blog. Quiet in the Harbour this morning, sun trying to break through the morning mist, visibility about a mile. Forecast for next weekend still looking a little lively and then next week temperatures moving above average for a while. In the yard ‘Miss X’ coming out onto road transport for the new owners. Pressure washing of the tarmac continues in the capable hands of ‘Baz’ our handyman to remove the silt from the recent tidal surge!
Good morning and welcome to a very sunny morning here in Harwich harbour. Freezing fog first thing this morning which made for a great sunrise around 6.30 am. Forecast for the rest of the week still looking very quiet however keep a look out towards Sunday or Monday when there may will be some more wind on the way. We will keep an eye on the situation and check the boats in the marina. In the yard the mast on ‘Wild Dream’ has come down for some minor repair work by Rig Magic. In the meantime we are continuing with the clear up after the flood. All the tarmac and block paving is being pressure washed to get rid of the mud.